Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Babylon Village Pool

Ok I know it's currently February and ice and snow coming from the sky, but perhaps with all the more reason, I'll feature a post about a hot summer spot here in Babylon, known as the Village's Municipal Pool.


When you first walk in, you are greeted with abundance of beautiful wall murals painted by Kelly Franke  

There are many picnic tables so you can bring your own lunch or buy French fries and ice cream etc from the little grill/shop they have

Now to the pool itself. 
The pool is obviously an outdoor pool and overlooks the bay and Robert Moses Bridge. On a hot summer day I can't tell you how nice it is to swim in the cool water looking at boats sailing by on the bay. 


The big pool has 4 lifeguards at all times, a deep end with two or three fast lanes for serious swimmers and  the other end is more shallow for younger kids..
There is a little kiddie pool too for little kids and babies with one life guard at all times.
A beach volley ball net there too, in case you like that sort of thing.
I would rather sit on the beach and read a book though.

This place is ideal for families and children. There is a little playground on the beach. Note though, there is no access to the sea from the beach, it just has a sea wall and you are not allowed to go too close to the edge. But none the less it is a great spot for sun tanning and playing in the sand.


You have to be a resident of Babylon and pay a fee to use this pool, but you can get a family pass for the whole summer for about 80 bucks. Well worth it. 
Separate changing rooms for ladies and gents and there are shower facilities as well..  


I absolutely love this pool and come here every day of the summer. The place gets crowded with kids so I like to get there first thing when it opens at noon and beat the crowds. I believe they also have swimming classes for kids in the mornings during summer too..

Can't wait for June so I can enjoy this pool again!

3 comments:

  1. OMG you're killing me with these summer pictures. Today it took me two hours to get to work because my train had technical difficulties half the trip and then eventually broke down. So instead of being at work at 2pm I go there around 4pm... Love love love the commute and this stupid winter. So yeah, just keep these summer photos coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you! I've been locked inside the house for days now, avoiding at all costs to go out in the winter wonder land.. starting to look too much like Finland..

    I was planning to make a post about the snow though, if I ever get out of the house to take some snow photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live in Deerfield Beach, Florida now since 1977 coming from Babylon was a 1972 graduate of Babylon High and I can remember going to the pool as a kid from the pictures I see here the pool has definitely seen some changes I remember the pool color used to be blue it really has changed over the yrs. Even though I'm no longer a resident if I came and visited would I be allowed to use the pool? I would be willing to pay a visitors fee. No doubt, I'm sure the village has changed tremendously these pictures really bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete