Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fire Island Avenue - Seafood restaurants and biker bars

Pier 44 
I can see this joint from our window, so the location couldn't be more convenient. Pier 44,  a cozy home-style, family friendly restaurant. They serve traditional food as well as seafood. Escargot is good here.
As far as I know, they don't serve shark here despite the giant one outside..
Babylon Fish and Clam restaurant
Next to Pier 44 is another restaurant, specializing in seafood called Babylon Fish and Clam. I love seafood and the clams here are always good. They also have a big terrace which is a great place in the summer to enjoy one of their tasty cocktails. Bikers seem to like this joint too, so in the summer you'll see a lot of motorcycles parked in the front.


Sea Breeze
Next to Fish and Clam and before the Venetian Yacht club there is a biker bar with live music, called the Sea Breeze Cafe. I've actually never been inside, but I've walked passed it when the band has been playing and it looks like a fun and lively place. Outside there are a lot of motorcycles usually and sweet rides from the 50s which I love. 
Not a great photo, but I feel awkward taking photos of strangers cars, so I was trying to do it quick

One of these days I'll borrow my friends Harley and go check this place out :)
Morgan's Bay Confections
On the opposite side of the road from Sea Breeze, there is a shop called Morgan's Bay Confections. If you need gourmet truffles and delicious chocolates, this is the place to get them. Apparently. I have never found the door to get in the shop :D But I hear they make really delicious chocolate covered strawberries etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment